Re: [T3] Notch Quarter Windows

> It would probably be easier and cheaper to have them fabricate a
> new piece of glass.  Just use your existing pop-out glass and
> make a template.  Measure the thickness and tell the glass shop
> to make you one.  I was quoted about $50 per side about a year
> ago at a glass shop in Dearborn, MI.  Never went further than a
> verbal rough estimate though.

I used to work in a glass shop so I have a little experience with this.

If you try to drill or cut it will shatter. Fabrication would be a lot
easier.

They can cut and drill a piece quite very easily and the temperŪ¼Duust
a couple of bucks.

When I was still cutting I made a set of windows for my '65 beetle. I
pulled the glass from the doors and quarter windows traced them onto some
smoked glass. After a little fab work I sent them out to be tempered and
voila, permanently tinted windows. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the
rear window done. I checked into it and figured it would run at least
$250.00 to get the glass bent and tempered.

Bill