[T3] Rear Pillar rust

I have rust on the roof pillars located on each side of the back window.  What is your suggestion for repairing this situation.  I defintely want to do it right.

I know a auto body repair speicalist who told me that the sections need to be grinded down, cleaned and new metal welded back into place.  What do you think???  I do not want to fill it in with bondo or anything like that.  Thanks.

Greg