[T3] Fwd: Re: Hey there

Good for a quick laugh, or sob!

Gerald

From: vw1600tl@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: onobier@hawaii.rr.com (Jason Mooth)
Subject: Re: Hey there

My friend Bill had an off-the-wall idea for getting the body to the
paint shop.  First we stripped it to the bare shell.  With me on one
back fender well,  my friend Bill on the other and his wife steadying
the car via front apron, we set it backwards into the back of his Ford
fullside truck!  You gotta see these pics when I get them back.  I told
him he was fu*kin nuts.  But it worked quite well.  Then we hauled it
nine hours to the paint shop.

    The first month and a half it was there it snowed nonstop.  This
prevented them from getting the body outside to blast it.  The guy has a
rep as being a perfectionist, and very slow.   I figured I'd take the
good with the bad.    I have actually lost, and regained, interest in
this project several times while waitng for the body to come back
(almost 5 months now!).

    It should be wet with fresh paint right about now.   I need extract
the rolling pan from the back of the garage this weekeÔ-¯least I
think its still back there somewhere!?!!??!  It has become a work
bench/storage shelf over past few months.

     As for recommending this procedure.  Certainly not for the faint at
heart.  Like Forest's mother once said,  "Life is like a box of
chocolates....".   You really have to be prepared for the unexpected,
especially if your car is a daily driver.  I had a 68 fasty driver many
years ago and did up a nice pan for it and swapped them in a weekend.
Not your best choice if youre concerned with matching numbers.

    We also gutted the wiring on this car.  I'll let you know how that
goes!

TTYL,
Gerald