Re: [T3] 1970 Ball Joints

>  Sorry, but ball joints are new territory for me.  Does the
> > generic ball joint puller from Sears work OK to remove these?

Removing the clamping taper joint from the balljoint is easier if you drive
a wedge (chisel or screwdriver maybe) into the slot to loosen the grip of
the joint slightly.  Don't overdo it, though, and as Jim said, take care
with the bolt; you won't find the correct grade and style of replacement
easily - it's an obsolete VW part.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.net/