RE: [T3] 1970 Ball Joints

So in the test for the upper ball joint, should the stem snap back to center
after moving it from side to side?  Or do you pull on the stem axially?
Sorry, but ball joints are new territory for me.  Does the generic ball
joint puller from Sears work OK to remove these?
-Mark Fuhriman
 Oakland, CA
 1970 Fastback