Re: [T3] Steel Sliding sunroof

On 28 Jul 99, at 9:25, Neil wrote:

> I've located a 65 euro squareback that is trashed and rusted beyond
> repair.  But it does have the sliding sunroof and it's all there in good
> condition.  Is it possible to cut it out of there and graft it into a 65
> Notch, or are the roof sections different enough to prevent this?

Because all the windows, and doors are the same, I believe the roof
contours are the same also. The internal bracing may be different,
however.

If you cut out the sunrooof, you will also need to get all the drain
tubes. These are ESSENTIAL to a successful installation. Early cars
had 2 drains while later ones had 4. I don't remember when it
changed.

Jim