[T3] Confusing balljoints

I was looking in one of the boxes with parts that came together with my
1964 Notch and I found three new balljoints. I have understood that my
car (VIN 259190) has the older style balljoints and that cars built
later in 1964 have the new style.

The boxes containing the balljoints have hand-written labels, which are
a bit confusing:

Lower balljoint - VW 1500 1962-1965

Upper balljoint - VW 1500, 1600 1961-1967

Does this make sense? Is there any way to identify if the balljoints are
correct for my car (without dissasembling the car of course :-) )?

By the way, will my old style balljoints prevent me from using later
disc-brake spindles?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 1500S Notch