Re: [T3] overheating?

On 25 Jul 99, at 14:28, Jason wrote:

> i own a 67 fastback with a 6 month old GEX 1641 with a weber progressive 2
> barrel, 110 cam, full flow oil pump
> after about 30 min of driving my oil pressure gusge will drop to
> 0 at an idle and only 20 lbs at 2000rpm's. i do notice a lag on the motor
> expecially on accellerÅ%K
> i notice that the intake bellow is torn
> all the volks folks say don't worry unless your oil light comes on
> well it does but only after log periods of driving ad only at idle
>
> i plan on installing a 4 pass oil cooler to correct this
> where is the best place to mount this?

The first thing to do is replace the intake bellows. Right now you
are cooling your engine and oil with hot air that has been preheated
by running it over the muffler. This should be a no-brainer, so I
would find some different "volks folks" to get your advice from.

You should also check your thremostat now since this kind of
treatment will often pop them.

Jim