Re: [T3] T3] keeping CA black & yellow plates, '69 Squareback

In a message dated 7/26/99 1:07:25 PM PST, lori@antares.com writes:

<< >         When I go to register the car at the DMV next week, can I just
walk
 > in there with the old plates?  Will they let me use them?  Any special
 > hoops to walk through?
 >
 > -Greg

 I have old black and yellow plates that I wanted to put on my ghia,
 which curr©^Á
s white plates.  They told me I couldn't do it.  No
 real reason, just no.  You never know though, they might like you
 better.

The Best thing to do is get a AAA membership card because the will take out
the time to wrestle with the DMV so you can keep your plates if you have BOTH
plates it works in your favor I spent 2 hours with AAA they seem to have a
little more savvy they had to put a two month extension on my plates, but I
got to keep them and got a brand new title too!

Lisa
1963 Sunroof Suicide door Notch.