RE: [T3] overheating?

First, a four-pass oil cooler (ha!) won't help.  Mostly because four-passes
isn't much at all and the tube-and-fin style 'coolers' aren't very
efficient.  You are much better off with a radiator style cooler like a
Mesa.  These are 'plates' and have far more surface area to allow for
cooling the oil.  You want the cooler to be in an area of air flow,
turbulence at the least.  You could run oil lines to the front of the car
and mount it up there or you could mount it above the tranny area.

Second, you must make sure your sender and gauge match (as per previous
threads).

Third, get that bellow replaced!  I don't know who those people are that you
talked to but they aren't true volks!!

Fourth, what make of full flow oil pump are you using?  If it's not Gene
Berg and not meant for a Type III you're in trouble.  Does the pump cover
extend out and the filter screw onto it?

Fifth, if you are using the proper oil pump cover, how large are the oil
lines that you're using?  You want them big, like 1/2" inside diameter or
more.  Every time the oil has to make a 90-degree turn the pressure is gonna
get reduced.  You want to keep the filter close to the engine (keep the
distance reduced).

   Toby "yeah, I'm a little experienced at this" Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/