RE: [T3] backfire and caster

At the PIR show I saw a T3 using one of those small glass-pack mufflers, the
type that look like a fat hotdog.  A big noisier, but it'll do.  I don't
recommend the mufflers that are on the side of the engine next to the valve
covers.  Not only does it get in the way of valve adjustments but it will
radiate heat back onto the engine (mostly via the valve covers) and we don't
want that!  Poor design in my opinion.

   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/