Re: [T3] backfire and caster

No, you can't use bug exhausts on our cars, more's the pity.  I'd be a
little reluctant to buy into that tucked up muffler thing, that area
gets hot enough as it is, not to mention access to the valves.  I was
always going to weld up something a little better when I got all the
equipment and a place to work, haven't done it yet.  All of the
currently available exhausts I've seen have been deficient one way or
another.  The only thing that fits better is the stock exhaust and I
never had one of those.

Back off your timing if you're getting pinging, it doesn't take much
of that to get some expensive damage.  What's your compression ratio?
An exhaust leak won't cause pinging.  Backfiring, maybe, but not
pinging.