Re: [T3] Parts avaÍQBy?

On 20 Jul 99, at 19:19, Edmond Dantes wrote:

> I just posted about wanting to get a type III.  I saw an local add for
> a 66 and before buying I decided to see if I could get a shop manual.
> I called one of my local VW dealers and the guy said that they aren't
> available any more.  This got me concerned about parts.  I asked him
> and he said they aren't being made by VW anymore either.  Are there
> Brazilian or Mexican parts still being made?

Some parts, like those shared with beetles, are easy to get while
others are impossible. Sheet metal is generally only available used.

This is the manual you want. It is not exactrly right for a 66, but
it will still have lots of good info.

Volkswagen Official Service Manual
Type 3 Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert Bentley, Cambridge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)

Jim