RE: [T3] New seal, Hood's stuck

Put the hood release cable back where it was.  You need to adjust the hood
latch itself.

Open the hood and look at the latch located *under* the hood, you know,
where you slip your fingers under the hood to release the catch so the hood
can fully open - don't be messing with the locking mechanism found on the
apron.  You will be working above your belly, not below it :)

Using a 13mm wrench you want to loosen the lock nut that's located above the
spring that surrounds the post sticking down.  It's threaded like a normal
nut, counter-clockwise to loosen.  When loose, use a screwdriver to rotate
the stud that is wrapped by the spring.  Again, counter-clockwise to
lengthen, clockwise to shorten.  For your problem you will want to lengthen
it (same goes you those who have the two-piece nose bras).  I recommend an
initial lengthening of 4 turns.  After that, tighten the locking nut and
close the hood.  The hood should close somewhat like normal i.e. you
shouldn't have to press really hard to have it fully latch.  Try opening the
hood again.  I recommend adjusting the latch in 1/2 turn increments until it
feels right.  Be sure to check for water leaks while you're at it.  You may
want to adjust it in 1/4 turn increments for fine tuning.

   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.poboń„boby_erkson/