Re: [T3] Noise Diagnosis

On 19 Jul 99, at 9:37, rsrobinson@geocities.com wrote:

> Does anyone know what a failing shock or shagged cv might sound
> like? Am I right on the track here? I haven't lifted that car other than
> to test play in the wheel which seemed fine.

Crawl under each side and grab the axle firmly; you should be able to
move it axially about 1", but without any real radial travel.
Sometimes this will redistribute the grease in the CV joints and cure
noises, and sometimes you can feel something that just isn't right.

If the CV joint xve any holes in them, then at the very least,
you need to disassemble the CV joints, relube them and replace the
boot.

Jim