RE: [T3] I'm going home again

My comments below.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/

As always, rust.

>I've always been afraid of automatic transmissions.  If I can get an
>auto can I replace it with a manual when it dies?  Mabey a 5 speed?

The 5-speed kit is about $800.  That doesn't include labor.  And you have to
find a knowledgeable place to do the work.

>Are there kits to put in AC?

No, but you can go to an A/C shop and they can install a generic system.
Figure around $1500.  With some searching you can find the pulley and under
dash unit specific to the T3.  I pulled a *complete* system from a junked
one for $150.  Any onõ¥ßnts to sell you the parts for more than $200
(assuming the parts are in NEW condition) is plain greedy and not worth your
time.