RE: [T3] Summer Questions (long)

My comments below.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/

As to your question about the turbo charging effect, no, it's not even
remotely possible.  It takes a LOT of air to get that effect.

>I don't think my clutch is slipping, because i'll get the noise with a
>strong cross wind too, and i've heard from a few others on the
>list that the
>same thing happens to them too, so, who knows?

I would recommend attaching a tachometer and seeing if this is truly
happening and by how much (50rpm or 200rpm or ???)  A cross-wind will cau!5h slippage as well if the clutch is losing its grip.

>Cause once i was talkin to an old red neck
>chevy mechanic around here, and he was tellin me this story
>about some kid
>who got a hold of a '72 Super Beetle and ran high octane gas
>in it and blew
>the heads off.  Is that possible?  Can running High Octane gas
>on a stock '72 VW cause damage?

First clue:  "old red neck chevy mechanic".  Higher octane gas cannot hurt
an engine.  All it does is decrease the possibility of detonation.  The
story is pure coincidence.  Blew the heads off?  Pah-leeze!  It obviously
wasn't put together correctly in the first place if this actually happened.