Re: [T3] ACK! What did I do????

As a number of people suggested, it was the gasket.

Learned a little something here. I didn't realize that so much oil is
thrown up into the valve cover. I figured that since there is only a film
of oil whenever you pull the cover off that only a small amount makes it
into the area.

I assumed that if a lot of oil was being thrown into the cover you would
have more residual oil when you opened it up. With the amount of oil that I
had leaking I was sure something else had to be going on.

This time when I opened the cover to check the problem, I took a careful
look at things. I now realize that the pushrod tubes bottom edge meets the
bottom edge of the cavity and the slight downward angle of the tubes allows
the oil to drain back to the case.

As they say, learn something new everyday.

Thanks to everyone,
Bill