[T3] Cyl Head

I have a stock 1973 FI 1600cc in my square.  The left cyl. head seems to be
giving me some trouble.  I have already replaced the right one.  My question
is that I know that on the top rear of the head is a temp. sensor.  But what
is the hole in front top of it?  Just in front of the #4 cyl.?  It appears
to me to be a vent hole of some sort but the PO didn't have anything hooked
up to it.

Thanks,

Ed Hanis.