Re: [T3] Vacuum advance

Ok, thanks, sounds like it will work.  The carbs. on my 1500 are the same dual carbs. used from 64-67.

The distributor is factory-original 1966, so it's a carburetor distributor.  I will re-verify the part # with my shop manual, just to be absolutely sure.

Everett Barnes

> > On my '63 Notch, it has a 009 dizzy on the 1500cc "S" engine.  I would like to return it to a vacuum advance distributor.  I have a '66 1600cc factory dizzy, can I use this or will differences in the advance curve, assuming there is one, ruin my engine?
> >
> The particular vacuum advance cannister must be matched to the vacuum pickoff point that your carbs use. I don't know whether the dist you have is going to work or not. Is your 1600 dist a carb dist or a FI dist that has both mech and vac adv?

If it's for exactly the same carbs, then it will be fine, even if the carbs are setup slightly differently (different jets, etc.)