[T3] Luke, come to the dark side

(Heavy breathing to show that Darth Vader Approaches)

I am feeling the pull of the dark side increasingly lately.

I have a relatively @ҮMgine, but want some more performance.  I
occasionally use it for two/three hour drives, but mostly it is an around -
town car.  I just found out that CB performance has a Weber 40 IDF setup
specifically for T3's.  I am planning on beefing up my engine in  the future
to a 1776, but does anyone know if i could put these 40 mm monsters on my
stock engine until then and still have a driveable beast?  I don't do any
racing, I just want more power.

Also, does bigger carbs affect the heat of the engine es as much (or more
than?) as say, changing the rockers to change the compression ratio?

The carb setup from CB is $609.  Anyone know of a better price?

Thanks,

Dan Hoopes
dan@ewed.net
'67 Square (Stanley)