Re: [T3] Wheel bearings

On 8 Jul 99, at 19:19, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 7 Jul 99, at 21:12, SXTY8SQBAK@aol.com wrote:
>
> > How easy or hard is it to change the front wheel bearings on a 68 Squareback?
>
> In general this is pretty easy, but you should be aware that there
> was a mid year change in the inner wheel bearings in 68. so make sure
> that you get the right ones.

I should add that this means that if you have a 68 then you need to
take your VIN with you when you buy replacement outer front wheel
bearings. If your FLAPS doesn't ask you about the VIN then you should
inquire why not, because their information may not be complete and
this can leave you with the wrong bearing.

The ID of the later inner bearing is 2mm larger than the earlier
bearing.

Jim