RE: [T3] On going saga

The fourth paragraph bothers me.  Why should you pay storage fees?  I've
never heard of that while a vehicle is being worked on, which would appear
to be your situation.  I could see them being charged if the vehicle was
completed and the owner waited over a week to pick up the vehicle.  And a
storage fee for parts?!  Gimme a fricken break!  That's laughable!!

If he expects you to give up the $500 deposit he had better give you an
itemized list of work & parts that he's done & used -- before you sign the
contract.  Also, if you gave him a complete engine then you should get a
complete engine back (even if it is all in pieces, they all should be
there).  If the other shop can, I'd see about having one of there mechanics
go to the shop with you and inspect the whole engine, checking for parts and
inspecting his work (minimally, checking for all parts).  Granted, he will
probably be against his work being checked but parts completeness...maybe
yes, maybe no.

This sounds like a weasel contract.  He's trying to weasel himself of all
liability and damages AND keep the full $500 deposit.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/