Re: [T3] Oil light on. Relief valve

At 08:24 PM 6/29/99 -0600, you wrote:

>> So my oil light has been flickering at idle lately. .......

>> Muir suggests checking the pressure relief valve. .....
>>What are the odds of a stuck Pressure relief valve?
>
>I have never seen a stuck relief valve, but I believe that they can
>occur.

My 66 square had a stuck relief valve. When I got it out I found some grooves worn in the walls of the relief passage. The spring somehow got jammed on one of the grooves. I smoothed it out with 600 grit wet paper to knock the ridge down. It didn't get stuck again...I don't think..
 It eventually blew out an oil cooler seal which was its undoing. :(
Allan Bonedaddy Erush

Skeletons In My Closet Productions                                        http://home.att.net/~allistair   (website)

         Grisly Gothic Gables