Re: [T3] What that noise?

On 29 Jan 99, at 17:35, A.M. Type3Lover wrote:

> Hi friends, well I didn't solve my (G) idiot light yet but i'm looking for a
> new generator (an inpossibel mission in israel)

You should be able to get a rebuilt generator through any Bosch
jobber.

> but for now I have another Q .-
> I bought a singel QP and install it in my car after a short drive I notice
> that I have a back-fire when I drive down hill without thaching the gas
> pedal , is this a problem with the QP
> or that I have a problem with my carbs????

Backfiring on over run means that the carbs are running too lean, at
least at that moment.  It is also well known that the better
breathing promoted by a better exhaust will require you to jet your
car slightly richer.  So all the evidence is consistent.

Jim

Search old me–o†ûn the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/