[T3] Trans. transplant

Morn all (well it is where I am)

Lately I have experienced what I diagnosed as a transmission problem. I have
a 66 fasti (carbs) with a 4 speed manual trans, clutch kit has 3500 miles on
it so I don't think it will be the thrust bearing.

The symptoms are as follows: There is a loud wine coming from the rear of
the car and it is quite audible at low revs. When the car is in neutral or
the clutch is engaged it drums through the car.
Second gear has started to pop out of gear on coasting and it is very
difficult to get the car to gear into first or second (gearing back). With
the car stationary I have to gear 3rd, 2nd then only will I get it (if I am
quick enough) into 1st.

Do I need a new trans and if I do how many people do I need as well as time
to do the job. (this will be my first leg transplant.)

Thanx for the assistance

Carl van Tonder
66 Fast (VWrankenstein)
South Africa