[no subject]

Whilst disassembling my 1970cc Vanagon motor, I have found several corroded
screws of the type that hold the cooling tin onto the case.  They are so bad
that even the x pattern on top disintegrated when I tried to unscrew them. I
foresaw this happening and used the usual loosening fluids in advance of
attempting it but to no avail. I have about 5 that are like this, due to the
engine, out of an ex builders transporter, having tons of what I can only
describe as crap, leaves, sand, sawdust, oil etc on top of it.

Any tips on how to remover these? I don't fancy the thought of having to
drill them out, expense etc.

Thanks

Damian