RE: [T3] Electronic Ignition

Okay, chances are very good that it's not the electronic points as you admit
this is the first time you've started the car in the (cold) winter.

First, if the electronic points are suspect you should put the stock
(mechanical) points back in, reset the timing and point gap, and see what
happens.  If nothing changes then you know the points aren't suspect and you
can put the electronic points back in.

   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta GL 2.0L, boringly bone-stock
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/