[T3] New List Member

Hello, everybody!

I just wanted to drop a line to present myself and my car to you all. I
have been following this list for a couple of months, and I feel it is
time to join the battle.

My name is Per Lindgren, I live in a town called Arendal, located on the
southern coast of Norway. I am 25 years old, and the proud owner of a
1973 Variant L.

Ah- the Squareback!  As mentioned, it is a 1973 type 36, color
Marinablau. While it may look stock to anyone that don't know this type
of car (some have mistaken it for a Volvo!), I have made some mods to
make it suit my taste. I have dropped the suspension three inches front
and rear, it rolls on a set of 1972 "WorldChampion" VW wheels, while the
stock 1600 cc dual-carb engine has been upgraded by a set of Mahle 88mm
cyls, a 1,5 mm head shave, an Engle 110 cam, as well as a single turbo
exhaust. The rest of the engine is stock, with a new Brazilian case, new
bearings and gaskets, and a new oil pump.

Interior wise, the stock, worn seats are replaced by a pair of Rabbit
seats, with TMI covers to match the stock rear seat and panels. The
stereo system consists of an Alpine head unit, Boston 5.25"+1" compo set
up front, and 6.5" in self made rear side panels. Bass is provided by a
pair of Boston 12" subs behind the rear seat.
·M° it safe, I have
installed a remote controlled alarm system, complete with power door
locks. To help the stock H4 halogen headlights, I have a set of Hella
foglights hanging from the front bumper, while a trailer hitch makes it
easy to move spare VW parts ;-) Future dreams for the Square is a set of
17" Golf wheels, a killer 2,0 and a new coat of paint.

Does all these mods make this car touch the shade of gray, I doubt it is
as dark as some of your cars, maybe you'll decide?

While in the state of rust-oration, I've based my transportation on
another type of VW, namely a Vanagon.

I have been following the Vanagon Mail list for a while, and maybe some
of you know me from there. While the Square is my beloved baby, my daily
transportation needs is fulfilled by a 1988 Vanagon Syncro. While not
air-cooled, I think the Vanagon is the last reminiscent of a long
tradition of rear engined German VWs, and it has got heat!

Greetings,
PerL