Re: [T3] headlight replacement for a moron

On 12 Jan 99, at 19:10, Sonny8oy@aol.com wrote:

> i think they haven't sent me the right one; i just wanted a normal sealed beam
> replacement, but they have sent me a (General Electric) Halogen Sealed Beam
> unit instead.  Part # H6024.
>
> it says replaces 6014, and H6017, whereas the owner's manual ('69) says i
> should have a 6012 in there.
>
> since it's not worth my while sending it back, can i get another one of these,
> and will they work ok?  don't halogens use more current?  what is the stock
> lighting output?  this one says it is a 65/35w.  this would be slightly
> better, right?

I don't know the part #s, but if it is the right diameter and has 3
terminals, then it is a perfectly good upgrade for our cars.
Contrary to popular misconception, halogens do not use more current,
they just make more efficient use of the current they do use.

They are, however, very suseptable to early burnout due to LOW system
voltage, so make sure that your voltage regulaXo`‘ontrolling at
14.1-14.4 V (if this is a 12 V system) and that all your connections
are in good condition.

Replace them in pairs if you like, but it is not necessary.  A
matched pair will look matched at night.

Jim