Re: [T3] Air Cleaner question

Hi Steven,

>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:09:18 -0800 (PST)
>From: Steven Ayres <comwest@well.com>
>To: type3@vwtype3.org
>Subject: Re: [T3] Air Cleaner question
>

>TomC=> 041.129.611.3
>
>I have a T3 dry air cleaner, but it has no numbers on it, so I can't
>verify it's the same part. It's an unusual option, in any case.
>
>For comparison purposes, on mine: the circular filter can (which takes
>2x8 filter) has a pipe through the rear side for the crankcase breather
>and four wire clamps to hold down the top; the intake snout is a little
>snakier than stock; the arms out to the carbs are tapered rather than
>straight.

You've pretty much described it here.

>I've seen exactly three of these in person. I'd say you have a lot
>better chance of finding a stock wet can than the missing piece, and
>most folks here will tell you that's a better choice anyway.

Well, since I've not found a 'wet can' either, they both seem to be
very difficult to find. I've been looking for a stock air cleaner
since last Oct when I bought the car. I'll use either, I just want
 to get rid of the current, and I use the term loosely, air cleaners,
that are currently on there. They are so small, I'm suprised it runs
at all with them. I'm not really interested in aftermarket cleaners
since I have original equipment type carbs, I'd like the original type
air cleaner. (Yes, yes, I know '69s had FI, not carbs so they're not
original - just humor me here).

>Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
>'66 Grosse Karmann

>Search old messages on the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/