[T3] Colorado Carb troubles, by way of Jake Kooser, by way of Wilson Alvarez

Not my car, volks, you know I only own one carb on the stupor beetle.
Please copy tsquare3@uswest.net in your replies, so we can get this guy
going.  -Jake

Hi fellow squareback enthusiasts
        I'm the proud owner of a super black 1968 Squareback. That I
dragged home a few years ago, in great shape except for the usual rust.
  My problem at this time is that it needs a new motor and am having
troubles with the dual carburetor system that is Weber now. Would like
to know if such a system is out there that is side draft and single
carburatored that would fit my car. There are many thing I would like to
do to the car to make it a nice commuter.  But I live in the state of
Colorado and are emission laws are getting real strict and need to make
my car pass before I can do any further work. I had it running for a
year and it passed with a lot of adjustment to the carburetors and a lot
of money to shut the emissions man up.  The set of carburetors  I
received I think are the biggest problem.  Let me know what I can do to
keep the TIII going without making my pocket book broke. Thank you for
reading and please write back.

Sincerely,
Ray Hill Denver Colorado
1968 squareback