[T3] Fastback

Hi, I currently driver a '71 1302, but recently I managed to rescue a '70
fastback
from a barn.

It looks like it will need some -major- work to get it restored. (new
wings, front valence, interior etc. , & that's without a good look under
the body )

I had a closer look at it for the first time yesterday & I thought I know
how to find the various components on a VW, but I cannot for the life of me
work out how to open the rear lid. There does seem to be no spare lever of
any kind inside, & when I crawled into the engine bay (the engine is lying
on the garage floor), I couldn't detect any opening mechanism. Am I being a
bit thick or something?

Also, does anyone know of any good suppliers of T3 parts (esp. panels) in
the UK?

Thanks

athomik
Remember Kids, don't try this in your Beetle !