RE: [T3] Tranny Synchro Dilemma

At 10:45 AM 1/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>You can still move the car around with the tranny removed, just make sure to
>cover the CV joints (I use a plastic sandwich bag held on with a rubber band
>or twist-tie).

Are you sure this is the case with the early tranny?  I removed the tranny
from my '72 cabrio, but that one had CV joints.  My '65 Variant has the
older, swing axles.  Therefore, I think that swing axle trannies cannot be
removed while leaving the wheels in place as on split axle trannies with CV
joints.  Maybe I'll just try to hunt down a good used or rebuilt one in
Germany or look for a shop here in Zagreb that works on T1 transmissions
and see if he would have parts for mine.

Thanks,

John