RE: [T3] Tranny Synchro Dilemma

You can still move the car around with the tranny removed, just make sure to
cover the CV joints (I use a plastic sandwich bag held on with a rubber band
or twist-tie).

I recommend you have a professional do your tranny work.  Special tools and
precise tolerances are required in tranny work.  Parts should be
available...at worst you can use a Type I tranny (I've been doing so for
years with no problems at all).

   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta GL 2.0L, boringly bone-stock
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/