[T3] Transmission questions

I am a long time reader of these pages but a first time writer.  I own a
'72 Orange Squareback that i got in New Jersey not to long ago, i towed
it back here to indiana, and i love it.  I rebuilt the enigne that is in
it now using all new parts from Mofoco, still using the original fuel
injection (which was frustrating with all those wires, but i worked it
out thanks to Bentley and John Muir).  I also replaced the cluth,
pressure plat, and release bearing.  This brings me to my question.

The car has over 110,000 miles on it, and i have noticed a lot of oil on
the underside of the transmission, it is towards the rear of the
transmission, i don't know if the big red silicone seal is leaking on
the back of the engine or if the transmission is leaking and dripping
down to the lowest point on the transmission or what.  I need some help
identifying where and why it is leaking.  I also wonder about the
transmission because it is hard to shift into first gear at some times,
but on first gear is tough, no others.  I do not know much about
transmissions so i am coming here for help.  Any information will be
greatly appreciated.

I also have another question.  I have heard people say that Pertronix's
Electronic Ignition will work in Type 3's with fuel injection and i've
heard thos who say it wouldn't.  I've searched through the archives and
it seems there are arguments there too where some say it will work and
fit and others say it won't work and won't fit and so on.  Will somebody
here please tell me which it is.

Thank you

Jacob Schroeder
'72 Orange Squareback "The Pumpkin"