SV: [T3] Different Motors

Found an old issue of VolksWorld ( May -95) in my junkpile. There was a
interesting article about a Swedish guy, Per Hallgren, that had built a very
neat award-winning custom (definitly dark side...). He started with a -69
squareback, chopped the roof 3 inch, built a new rear subframe ( like on
Brians notch roadster) and installed a SAAB 900 engine and gearbox where the
previous back seat was...
Very cool - check it out! (When I get a chance I'll scan the pic's for you,
Greg)
Writing this, I also remember an article I read sometime in the late -70's
about some guys in Stockholm who put a Old's Toronado 455 engine and gearbox
into the back seat of a -68 bug. What a sleeper! Bone stock with dents,
scratches, rust and even a roof-rack outside,
but a LOT of torque behind the seats...

Anything goes!

/Karl-Olov Sandin