[T3] Rear brakes . . .

Happy New Year Volks,
  So, in my quest for superior braking, I am currently improving the front
brakes with new rotors (just finished cross-drilling new ATE's), stainless
braided hoses, semi-met pads, etc.
  The problem now is the rears, I would like to find either a 'self adjusting'
rear drum system or rear disk system. After looking about a bit, I found the
current rear disk systems are quite dear ( at $500+/- with E-brakes, and I
HAVE to have the E-brakes for inspection ),  and I am not aware of any 'self
adjusting' drum systems put out by VW that will fit HP. I have read often
about converting Porsche 914/924/944 rear disks to our application . . . just
a junk yard hop away, but I would need the specifics involved . . . . so I
appeal to you fine Volks for some input.

TIA

Dan Dockery
'71 Square, " HIP2BSQ "
HP2BSQ@aol.com