[T3] Master cylinder....rebuild or replace?

What factors should be considered when deciding whether to replace or
re-build the master cylinder?

I've not yet pulled it out but I'm sure something will need to be done.
I've replaced the front wheel cylinders and I'm about to replace the rear.

The process of replacing everything is of course expensive and I was just
hoping maybe I could try to get by on a $12 rebuild kit.

Any thoughts?

Bill