[T3] More on "Loaded" Shocks

Take and end of a regular shock absorber in each hand.  Push them
together.  Now, pull them apart.  It should resist in both directions
(compression and expansion) -- if it does not, or does not for parts of
its travel, it's shot.  It should resist evenly throughout its travel,
and not resist too much; so if you do this alot, and you're going to
look like Charles Atlas.  Now, take a loaded shock, and it's going to
resist compression, and expand on its own.  I think that loaded shocks
come with some kind of strap to keep them compressed, which has to be
left on until it's intalled on the vehicle -- I don't know what kind of
lift they provide, but I think not even Charles Atlas could do the
push-pull routine with them.  :  )

Eric