Re: [T3] Unibody quible

On 22 Feb 99, at 21:30, Forsman/Harris wrote:

> John Jaranson wrote:
>
> "The engine and suspension of the T3 are mounted to the pan (i.e. frame)
> ...."
>
> John, I agree wholeheartedly with your claim regarding the hybrid
> structure of the type 3; but as the owner of a '71 fast, you should know
> that the engine and transmission mount not to the pan/tunnel, but to the
> body (with the exception, if I'm remembering correctly, of the nose cone
> mount on the trans).

Right,

The early engine/trannys mounted solely to the rear subframe with
wishbone which was in turn attached to both the pan and body. I am
ignoring by choice the early "so called" rear mount, since it really
does nothing.

The late drive train mounts to the rear subframe (without wishbone)
in front afl%e body in the rear.

Jim