Re: me and VW in traffic court

I know it's too late, but for future use.
If you decide to fight a ticket, write down everthing
you can think about at the time of the incident.
Time of day, weather, road conditions, location, etc.
Other traffic, location, speed, relationship to self.

In situations such as this (one in a line of several cars)
the term you use for when  you are traveling the same speed as
everyone else is 'traveling with the prevailing traffic'.
Meaning that if you had to slow down to meet the limits
of the law, that it would have created an unsafe situation,
therefore you traveled in a manner that was the safest
for the conditions.  If the officer considered the entire
group of vehicles traveling at an unsafe speed, maybe
the best use of his efforts would have been to address that
situation, not finding the best radar target.

When time comes to be in court, the officer will not have
as good of notes as you, and by producing them (dated)
and providing this type of detailed information, show the
judge that you are a responsible citizen and have as
much (hopefully more) credibility that the officer.  Your
memory wLÈäqharper since the officer will have zillions
of other situations between yours and the court date.

Check out the following organization (I'm not a member yet)
for an organization trying to protect driver's rights.
http://www.motorists.com/

It personally burns me, that after paying the legally determined
debt to society for an infraction, I am considered 'unrehabilitated'
by a private company and pay them far more that the legally
required restitution to society.
I don't mind paying the state, it's the insurance company that can't
figure out that after I get a ticket, I drive safer.  They figure that
once I get an infraction, I'll only get worse as a driver.  It's them
I mind.

Rant mode off.
(hey what a way to post my re-joining the T3 group!)
Time to start gathering parts for the ressurection!

Jeff
'67 Sqbk underwraps
I was pulled out of a line of cars all going the
same speed and the cop said, in honesty that I
actually appreciated, "you were the best radar
target."

Five years of no-safe-driver discount, all for
doing 41 in a 30 mph zone.