Re: [T3] Matching Numbers...

On 18 Feb 99, at 13:07, Robert Braun wrote:

> How do I match case numbers with the body vin number's.... are
> they
> 	the same... I think I know where the case ones are... top...
> middle...
> 	right?..... and of course the body ones.... trunk, hatch, dash,.....

They aren't the same, so there is no easy way to verify that your
parts are the originals, but you can check the sequence and verify
that both the engine and body were built at about the same time of
year. Some people here have written VW and gotten a birth certificate
listing the numbers, but that seems to not be working any more.

Jim