Re: [T3] towing

There are folks on the list that have trailer hitches and use them,
but just putting a ball on the bumper isn't going to cut it, the
bumper on a squareback has only 4 small bolts holding it onto the
body.  More to keep it from falling off than to pull anything with.
The hitch would have to attach to something forward of the engine
compartment that's pretty solid, tranny nose mount, maybe?  I
personally wouldn't recommend it, when I moved, I used a tow dolly in
back of a rental truck to tow my Square and used the truck instead of
a trailer to haul my stuff. The rule of thumb is that the tow vehicle
has to weigh at least twice what you are towing, so the tow capacity
of a T3 is fairly low.  I have put quite a load in the Square at
times, used a cartop carrier and crammed it to the gills fore and aft.
It's amazing what you can pack in there.