RE: [T3] Deathrich Strikes Again!

On 15 Feb 99, at 16:1Æ£ÉÏ MacNaughton wrote:

> 	There is a single terminal temperature switch mounted on a bracket
> 	attached to the case below and to the right of the butterfly.
>
> 	>>>This sounds like what I'm talking about, it definitely has the
> look of an American cars' temperature sensor.  What would this not being
> connected do?

If it was not connected it would mean that the cold start valve would
never operate. This is no problem if you live in a warm climate, as
the trip point of the switch (differs with the year) is around 0-32F.
If the wire gets inadvertantly grounded, then it would make the cold
start valve run whenever you tried to start the car; this would tent
to make it flood out in warm weather.

The easy temp. solution is to just tape over the end to prevent
shorting to ground; for the long term crimp a new connector to the
wire and reconnect it to the temp switch.

Jim