Re: [T3] REMOVING AIR INTAKE LOUVRES FOR CUSTOM

I happen to have a spare rear notch fender (late model for that matter) and a
late model square back with fenders and the 2 are NOT interchangeable.  I dont
know if I can really give a good explanation without using too many
"thingamajig" and "doohickey" type word<¿'rom the way I understand it,
the notch back fenders roll up and over onto the rear deck of the notch to
match up with the decklid.  The square/fast fenders dont do this.  The top
point of the fender is also the farthest inward it goes if that makes sense.
If any of you want me to get all crazy and snap some pics of this late model
notch fender I can.

I would think the easiest way to get rid of side vents would be to cut them
out and weld in a flat panel in their place and have some fun making it look
like it was made that way.  Or you could get innovations to make some late
model rear notch fenders (I'll take a set)and then take a late rear notch
fender and mash it together with a late rear square/fast fender and see how
that looks.  that way you'd have a fender that fits a square/fasty, but has no
vents like a notch

Matt
71 Square
71 Notch