[T3] Shifter Question

Hello All,

I've a '71 square which started to exhibit some odd shifting habits
over the weekend.

Until yesterday, I had to "push down, left, and back" to go into
reverse - while this is still true, it appears that I can now get
into reverse with just a "left and back" - it's as if reverse is
now "nexÄ×Û£cond... something like this:

 1   3
   + ++   +
   | ||   |
   R |+---+
     ||   |
     R2   4

As long as I'm careful on my shift from first to second, it's not
a problem, but can anyone suggest what's happening?

Is this a shift linkage problem, a tranny problem?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Mike

'68 Fastback
'71 Square