Re: SV: [T3] Deathrich Strikes Again!

On 15 Feb 99, at 16:57, Sandin, Karl-Olov wrote:

> 	- I have something similar on my -73 FI. A microswitch sitting on a
> mount held by the oil cooler bolts, that have its "feeler" touching  the
> throttle wire, so that it triggers when the wire is stretched = throttle is
> about to open. Have no idea what good it does! Does not seem to affect the
> engines behaviour at all. Could it be something connected to the cold start
> system?

This sounds like the 69 only mount for the AT kickdown switch. All
later years had that mount as part of the intake air distributor
housing. That switch is properly adjusted if the switch is not quite
actuated even when the butterfly is wide open; further travel of the
pedal/throttle cable does not open the throttle any farther, but it
does trip the kick down switch as the spring in the throttle lever
compresses.

Jim