Re: [T3] Deathrich Strikes Again!

On 12 Feb 99, at 8:50, James MacNaughton wrote:

> I've asked this question before, and nobody's been able to answer it; do the
> new brains come{	_e full under-hood wiring harness?  I'm *really*
> getting sick of clipping, stripping and attaching new connectors, and the
> wiring harness is starting to look like a high-school kids' stereo hookup.

Replacement brains do not include the wiring harness. The best way to
fix loose connectors is to use a sewing needle to carefully remove
the translucent plastic connector body from the connector pins and
GENTLY squeeze the lug closed a tiny bit. Then reassemble the parts
into the connector body.

> Conversely, is there a wiring harness setup that could be purchased, and
> clipped and crimped on near the brain?

No.

> And finally, I noticed that the lead on my idle-kick down <?> solenoid is
> broken.  Precisely what might *that* cause?  Holding the broken lead to the
> solenoid and revving the engine produces no change in performance.

Without this connection your AT will not "kick down" that means that
when you floor it it will not shift down an extra gear for more
torque. You cannot do anything with the car standing still that will
test this.

Jim