Re: [T3] New type 3 owner

On 5 Feb 99, at 19:56, Forsman/Harris wrote:

> For now, I have two questions.  First, I want to know if the
> windshields of these two cars are the same.

They arenot the same.  Starting in 71 there are some metal strips
between the gasket and the body that you will only find after you
take the windshiled off. These strips only work with the late gasket
and late windshield.  All the parts WILL swap if you move ALL of them
from one car to the other.
> Second, I found
> information in the archive to the effect that the offset on the stock 4
> 1/2 J X 15 steel wheels is 42mm.  Does anyone know if that is true for
> all the years, or if not, which years have which offset?

This is the correct offset for at least 68-73.  It MAY be correct for
all Type 3 years, but I'm not sure.

Jim